Library Lounge Chair
By Charles & Ray Eames
As a classic, the Library Lounge chair is a paradox: a piece that combines high-form design with extreme comfort. Whether you plan to curl up with your favorite novel, or review business paperwork, the Library Lounge will make each experience effortless. It's simply one of the most comfortable chairs ever created.
The Library Lounge chair echoes one of the most iconic designs of the twentieth century. Originally designed by husband-and-wife team, Charles and Ray Eames, these chairs are more than furniture. They're art. It's rare to discover a chair that's completely comfortable and stunningly stylish. We're proud to offer it here.
Made from the highest-quality full-grain Italian leather, the Library Lounge chair combines form and function in one beautiful package.
Many other manufacturers make chairs similar to the Library Lounge Chair. To learn how to tell the difference between Authentic Modern Furniture Collection pieces and other unlicensed reproductions, click here.
The Modern Furniture Collection Library Lounge Chair is not an "Eames Lounge Chair," which is a registered trademark of Herman Miller, Inc. Both the "Eames Lounge Chair" and The Modern Furniture Collection Library Lounge Chair are based on the original design made by Charles and Ray Eames in 1956, and both contain design modifications and improvements that differ from the original 1956 design.
Overall dimensions: 32" H x 32.75" W x 32.75" D
Ottoman dimensions: 17.25" H x 26" W x 21.5" D
The Library Lounge Chair and Ottoman Feature:
- Wooden shell constructed from seven ply’s of cross-grain engineered wood
- Shell is kiln dry stabilized to prevent warping or cracking
- Customizable in rosewood or walnut finishes
- 100% full-grain supple Italian aniline leather
- Built-in swivel mechanism with threaded glides
- 4 coats of no wax UV-cured scratch resistant polyurethane finish on the wooden shell
- 15 degree perma-tilt base
- 5-star lounge base
- Adjustable stainless steel guides with protector foot-caps
- Thin profile, cushioned arm rests
- Rubber shock mounts connecting the head and back rest, allowing for flex
- Black aluminum cast base and back braces with high polished aluminum trim
- 1-year limited warranty